To configure the extension start by:
- open the extension pane by selecting any message from your message list
- click on the "Settings" tab in the bottom navigation bar
- If you have been given a "Preset" configuration by your IT administrator, select it in the first field (set to "custom" in the image above) then scroll to the bottom and save the configuration.
- If you do not have a predefined configuration you can select "default" or "custom" (if setting to "custom" see the following instructions)
Custom configuration is done in five parts:
- Name Formatting:
- To preview the file name of your uploaded emails, select one or several placeholders and configure the preview to your needs
- Automatic filing:
- Determines where the email is filed. Use this field to determine a sub-folder based on the messages content
- Save Settings:
- Select your Time Zone
- Which file formats the email message is stored (PDF, EML or MSG) and in which subfolder (if any)
- Whether or not to overwrite previous messages
- Metadata Mapping:
- Select a Template Definition or a Metadata Policy (or none)
- Link Security:
- Who can access the files
To configure a section, select the section in the selection menu.
Configure how to preview your Emails and their attachments
Where to put the email - determine a sub-folder based on the message content
Set your time zone
Overwrite existing messages
Do not check this option if you do not want the add-in to overwrite a preexisting email that has the same file name (e.g. subject). Upon a file collision, the add-in will add an incremental number to the end of the file name.
e.g. "proposal-1.pdf", "proposal-2.pdf", etc.
To save an email's attachments as separate files check this option.
Use a sub-folder to store attachments
If you want the attachments saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
Save message as PDF
To save a searchable PDF version of the email body (message), select this option.
Example email saved as a PDF
Use a sub-folder to store PDF version
If you want PDF conversions of emails saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
Save message as an .eml source file
Saves an original copy of the email that can be later opened by an email client and acted on (replied to, forwarded, etc.)
Save email source as MSG
If you would prefer to save the original copy in the MSG file format, instead of EML, select this option.
Use a sub-folder to store source
If you want original copies of emails saved to a separate sub-folder select this option and indicate the name of the sub-folder.
You can set a Template or Policy here if required
At the top of the screen you can find the cloud account in use and options to order files by Name or Date (ascending or descending)