This HOWTO will guide you on how to set up a Custom app on Google Developers website, to have mxHero connecting to your resources using an internally deployed Google G Suite app. For more information, please contact the mxHero support.
Setting up the Google Custom App
- Authenticated using a G Suite Administrator account, access https://console.developers.google.com/
- Click on Create Project.
- Provide a relevant project name and make sure it is associated with your organization (default).
- With the project created, click on "Enable APIs and Services"
- The APIs to enable are (each one individually, per step, searching on the top bar):
- Admin SDK
- G Suite Marketplace SDK
- Gmail API
- If you are using Google Drive, you will want to enable Google Drive too.
- Back to the Project dashboard, click on Credentials and select "Service account".
- New service account, give it a name, make it Project Editor and select P12 key type. Please download the P12 file and provide it to mxHero support.
- Now, click on "Manage service accounts" on the right side.
- Click on the service account created.
- Click then on Edit on the top, check "Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation" and click Save.
- Back to the Project dashboard, go to Credentials and open the tab "OAuth consent screen". Make the Application Type "Internal" and give it a name. Then Save.
- Again on the Project dashboard, click on the "G Suite Marketplace SDK".
- Now, just copy the settings as seen in the screenshots below. You can customize the name and logos to follow the taxonomy defined previously.
- Very important here are are the OAuth scopes. Please add:
- If you are using Google Drive, please check with mxHero support for additional scopes.
- Now please set these additional configurations in the screen and Save.
- Now click on Publish on the left menu and add the information as per below screenshots, the click Publish:
- On the Project dashboard, clicking on Credentials, your page should look like the following now.
- If it's not, please review the steps above.
Now you just need to install the new app on your G Suite organization:
And lastly, provide the following information to the mxHero support:
- G Suite Administrator email address
- Service Account email address (Service account creation)
- P12 file created on the steps above (Service account creation)
- Application ID retrieved on the steps above (G Suite Marketplace)